Thursday, November 11, 2010

THE LIGHTENING THIEF - Book Review #2

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1)The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Dear Potential Reader,



This book was great, suspense and drama filled my mind while reading this book. Not one second did I ever think about putting this book down. Though I wouldn’t read it a second time, because I never read a book more than once. From start to ...more This book was great, suspense and drama filled my mind while reading this book. Not one second did I ever think about putting this book down. Though I wouldn’t read it a second time, because I never read a book more than once. From start to end, the book just keeps dragging me into the world of Percy. I love Greek mythology personally, and reading this book taught me a lot about it. I was disappointed at the ending book it was a huge cliff hanger and at the time couldn’t afford the next book, but it was worth reading it. You should always experience the beginning of a tale, or you’ll never truly understand the rest. When Rick wrote "Go on with what your heart tells you, or you will lose all. That was really inspirational, and I think everyone should read this and really listen to what it means. In my opinion, I think it means don’t be afraid to do what you want, because in the end, you might lose something important to you. Another good one that Rick wrote was "Where's the glory in repeating what others have done?".



Some people like repeating what others have done for the attention, but I think you shouldn’t do good deeds for the attention of others. You should always do good things because you know it’s right, and probably shouldn’t ask anything for return, like attention or rewards. I recommend this book to anyone around the ages of 13, because Percy at the time, was 13 years old. You’ll see the decisions he make are similar to some of the things you’d do at that age. When I read this book I was 13, and it was very interesting cause I can almost put myself in the position of the main character. I love when stories get so vivid that I have the ability to do that. I would have loved to be a son of Greek God, Poseidon. I would recommend for teenagers to read this book along with the entire series of the books written by Rick Riordan. This series of books are really good and really excited to read! I would recommend any books in the series to people who are interested in Greek Gods so they would most likely like the book. Also if you love action and a book that waits till the end to tell you what you have been wondering to find the entire book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!