Tuesday, September 28, 2010

MY READING HISTORY ESSAY

Vincent D’Antonio LAL
September 24, 2010 Reading History Essay



I have been learning LAL for a long time but now i am going to tell you my journey from the past to the present day. What do you think literacy means? Well in my own words literacy means to learn how to read and write at the appropriate grade level you are in. IF you wanna know what the dictionary definition is the quality or state of being literate, esp. the ability to read and write. Was your definition the same or close to the dictionary definition? How do we apply our literacy to our everyday life? Well we apply our everyday literacy by reading and writing to express ourselves in stories and other forms of writing. For example, we write poems to express our feelings inside of us. Also we write persuasive essays to persuade someone to our side of the argument. The roots of literacy were planted around when i was like 5 years old. At that time i was able to start talking and when i started to write and read books.
Let me ask you who/what influenced you to start reading? Well the person who influenced me was Dr.Seuss. Also his type of writing and creativity of his books also influenced me to start reading books. My first experiences with reading was very early in my life but it was very good to experience reading because Dr. Seuss was an awesome person back then and still is. Some of my favorite nursery rhymes were Humpty Dumpty and some of my fairytales are dragon tales, Bob the Builder and some other childish shows that are from today.
The elementary School i attended was Winslow Township Upper Elementary School #6. When i was in third grade some books that interest me were the Animorphs Seires, The Star Wars Saga and some other fiction books around that time that were very popular with the 3rd grade. Was there a teacher that helped me get a habit of reading? Why yes there was and her name was Mrs. Nichols. She was a very nice teacher in some many ways.
The middle school i attended was Winslow Township Middle School. In my middle school years my favorite authors were Shel Silverstein, a poet that wrote children poem books, authors of Car Magazines or Car history books. Well the genres i liked in middle school were automotive books and some other fiction books but to this day they mostly stay the same.
The books i would like to read about are sport cars soccer and the history of some interesting things in the technology of computers. Well for instance the text we read everyday is off our cell phones. We as the new generation are texting people alot more than in the previous years. Do i consider myself as a literate person? Why yes i do. i don’t know anybody who would say they aren't’ because if you are not then you are not bale to read or write.
At this moment of time my feeling for reading is kinda been lost over the years because of the amount of work i have to do by hand and other things to do for other things. What am i reading right now? The book i am reading is The Bugatti Veryon: Behind The Scenes. literacy is important because if you don’t learn it then you wont be able to read and write stories for your teachers. Plus in high school you get alot of research papers so you need to know how to speak right to get a good grade. literacy has helped me though out my life by guiding me through school to learn the most i can to to my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!